Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Love is...

Brownstone by Jared Flood
Yarn: Ella Rae Classic
Started: August 12, 2013

Surprising your boyfriend with a woolly sweater in the middle of August in California. I lug this thing to the pool, the beach, etc. because Matt only packed one sweater (the cashmere J. Crew I thrifted for him) when we moved here. And it gets cold at night. Heck, as I type this someone just walked past me in a knit hat (at noon). This is some old school Pre-Philly stash yarn that I bought at Little Knits for $2.something a ball that was going to be a Timberline (also for Matt) and then an Exeter (for me), but I realized that would be silly in this dark shade. Both of those will be knit eventually, but probably in Eco Wool. Squishy.

My design
Yarn: Plucky! Primo Fingering
Started: Awhile ago?

And this is a little treat for me. I've swatched this a whole bunch and think I finally found the flow. I'd love to have this knit up & a pattern typed up in time for Plucktember, but we shall see. This should take only one skein of Primo fingering. I also have an idea sketched out for a hat in Traveller Aran, but the internet has a strong hold over me that prevents me from knitting. But isn't that the way it goes?


And another, non-yarn related, WIP for today:



We made beer! A summer ale and we bottle in 2 weeks. More on that later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment