Wednesday, February 19, 2014

WIP Wednesday: I Want to Knit EVERYTHING


So guys. I have a lot going on right now and all I can think about is starting something new. That's silly, right? Right. Except I might just do that when I finish my February socks (14 in 2014, y'all!). Blame the Yarnover Truck and their fabulous 40% off sale, where I scored a SQ of Sincere Sheep Equity Fingering that needs to become Grace. Right. Now. It's actually been sweater weather in Seal Beach these past few weeks and it would be lovely to have a nice fingering weight sweater to throw on when I sit outside.

But I should finish up that Pumpkin Ale.
Right.
Let's count these bad boys.
(From background to foreground)

  1. Giant Granny Crocheted Blanket in Lion Amazing (Strawberry Fields)
  2. Pumpkin Ale in Manos del Uruguay Rittenhouse (Cinnamon)
  3. Couer de Lion in Neighborhood Fibre Company (Georgetown)
  4. February's Basic Socks in my hand-dyed yarn (V-day)
  5. Monkey Socks in my hand-dyed yarn (80's Hard Candy)
  6. Untitled Cowl design in Manos Alegria (Atlantico)
I've been working on the Alegria cowl the longest and hope to finish it up this week, along with both of my socks. This might be a bit of a lofty knitting goal, but I think I can do it. I'm a bit concerned about the Alegria cowl because that color was a dye mixup, so all of the skeins since that run look nothing like it. Sigh. This will teach me for not scooping up another skein!

The most fun project this week? That giant granny square. It might be because crocheting is still new and exciting or it might be the yarn that is getting the job done. I'm still an unbelievably slow crocheter, but it seems like I can whip through each ball of yarn in a day or two. I have 5 balls of yarn remaining and I think that will do the trick. The beautiful thing about this is that I can fasten it off when I run out of yarn and pick it up again if I decide I want to. Hooray, crochet! 

Ok. Let's go get some FOs for Friday. Happy knitting to you all! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment