Thursday, June 20, 2013

On Moving On

Life has been dealing me a couple of hard blows lately. I keep meaning to blog about my recent trip to Iceland, but that is a story for another day.

Earlier this week Matt was informed that he is relocating to Long Beach in California...next Friday. We've spent the past three days scrambling around looking for an apartment for me in Philly, but it looks like things aren't destined to go that way and I'll be leaving the city I've fallen in love  (not quite) like with in just over a week.
Being a tourist two days after I moved here
It's hard trying to figure out what I want to do. If I do go to Long Beach, I don't want people to judge me for following Matt. We're trying to figure out what we want in our future and why shouldn't I tag along and travel as much as I can in the meantime? I'd love to stay in Philly for awhile longer, but I don't want to scramble and settle on an apartment that I don't love just to have a great summer with my friends. And one of the reasons I love Philly so much is because Matt & I travel together so much. What's the point if my #1 travel buddy is nearly 3,000 miles away? I've made some of the best friends during my near 2 years here, but I'm sure I can guilt them into visiting me one way or another :)

As much as all of this sucks I'm going to try to make the most of it and look at this as a time to figure out what I want. The hardest part is remembering that nothing is permanent and I can always go back.


Philly, you'll be missed.







(But cheers to never paying $18 for a 6-pack again!)

2 comments:

  1. People shouldn't judge you... this is your decision! If your head and heart are telling you to go to Long Beach, then that's what you should do. If one of the reasons you love Philly is because of Matt and Matt isn't with you anymore, well... then being without him in Philly just wouldn't be the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is your decision to make! as long as there's nothing specific really tying you to philly, and you are currently trying to make a life with matt, then those are the things that matter. no one can decide your priorities for you. and if they judge you without trying to figure out how you feel about these things, then that kind of makes them terrible people! (in short: what candace said!) the brevity of the warning does suck, though.

    ReplyDelete